COVID-19 Compliance Code:
With the rapid and sudden outburst of COVID-19 around the world, CML Safe Pak has initiated the COVID-19 Compliance Code to raise awareness among our employees, customers, and vendors to avoid or mitigate the spread of the disease while maintaining full functionality.
This Code defines the measures and instructions taken by CML Safe Pak’s Top Management, Employees, Company Representatives and Subcontractors and how these are addressed to our customers.
- Wear protective equipment such as face masks and gloves
- Keep 1.5 meters distance
- Wash/sanitize hands frequently
- Do not cough or sneeze nearby other persons or use elbow to cover mouth
- Clean regularly used equipment and surfaces
Instructions for Top Management:
- Outline the basic signs of COVID-19 infections to all employees stated by WHO to be as follows:
- High Fever
- Dry Cough and Throat
- Aches & Pains (less common symptom)
- Nasal Congestion (less common symptom)
- Diarrhea (less common symptom)
- Loss of smell and taste (less common symptom)
- Instruct any staff to remain at home if any of the above symptoms occur (especially the most common symptoms)
- Enable staff to continuously wash their hands with water and soup and if not available ensure the availability of hand sanitizers in all stations.
- Provide specific personal protective equipment such as face masks and gloves.
- Allow working from home if possible
- Have equipment and regularly used surfaces cleaned and disinfected daily and frequently.
- Have subcontractors and visitors commit to the COVID-19 safety regulations.
Instructions for Employees
- When feeling unwell, or with symptoms of a cold, stay at home
- Avoid contact with people you know to be sick
- When needing to cough or sneeze, walk away from other people, if possible, cover mouth and nose with elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing, and dispose of the tissue immediately
- Wear additional personal protection where this is required and available
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds using water and soap, or hand sanitizer as an alternative, before going to work, before starting the job, and in between tasks and work areas if this is possible
- Clean surfaces of unpacked (furniture) items to be moved if it is possible do so without damaging them
- If possible, clean equipment used on the job when done with them
- When done, wash hands at the client’s washroom before getting back in the truck or van
- If you suspect anyone in the workplace to be sick, report this to your crew leader or move manager.
Instructions for Surveyors
- If possible and when accepted by the customer, communicate through digital media
- If a physical meeting is arranged, make sure to wear the required protective equipment such as face masks and gloves
- Prepare relevant documentation and information beforehand, including local COVID-19 status info
- Gather information about goods, accessibility, safety; including possibilities for workers to keep a safe distance in the workplace while carrying out a relocation
- Assess how many households good items need to be handled by two workers
- Check with the customer if are from high risk (geographical or work) areas and determine if extra protective measures are required
- Wash hands before and after meeting
- Refrain from handshaking
- Thoroughly clean surfaces of vehicles, laptops, info packages etc. that are used before each meeting
Instructions for Packing & Removals Manager and Move Coordinators:
- Prepare the physical removal diligently
- Request the customer if they could and would limit the number of people present during the move
- Check with customers if they have a COVID-19 history or come from high-risk areas, and if so determine if extra precautionary measures may be required
- Limit the number of movers on the job with respect to the size of the property and the possibility to work at a safe distance
Recommendations to our Customers:
- Try to limit the people of your family who interact with the crew to one: if possible, have only one person in the house when your goods are collected or delivered
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 1.5 meters (5 ft.) from our crew
- Allow crews to organize their work in such a way that they can keep 1.5 meters (5 ft.) between them
- Feel free to use face covering or additional personal protective measures if you wish
Have your own pen to sign documents with